02 home with you
03 sad day
04 holy terrain [ft. Future]
05 mary magdalene
06 fallen alien
07 mirrored heart
08 daybed
09 cellophane

auf reddit hat eine angebliche musikjournalistin das album schon mal grob beschrieben. liest sich ganz gut
I got an early copy of the album (music journalist here) and I’ve only given it one proper listen through. It’s definitely a departure and I think it may be quite divisive on release as it’s probably her weirdest release to date. Holy Terrain is definitely the safest track on the album and seems to act as a solid midway point for the transition between the two halves. That said, I’m still not a massive fan of that track personally.

Magdalene is stripped back in the sense that most of these tracks begin relatively slow or are initially piano-led, however there are some amazing glitch-outs which sound otherworldly and the second half of the album (Mary Magdalene and Fallen Alien) go really hard. The main difference is that the trip-hop elements are essentially gone, she’s playing a lot more with vocal layering and manipulation. She’s also never sounded better vocally. Her voice is incredibly sharp and carries the emotional weight of the album. There’s a lot of choral builds which are really interesting and there’s some really unusual percussive sounds which are borderline uncanny.

Her and Jaar are a dream together, and I’m really happy that her music has hit the same avant garde sensibilities as her aesthetics.

Nicolas Jaar’s Sirens would be the main reference point I’d give it in terms of that hard-soft dynamic, but by no means is it Twigs performing over Jaar tracks. It sounds wholly her own and it’s searingly original.

I’m really interested to see how it’s received.

MAGDALENE wurde auf den 8. November verschoben. Video zu „Home with me“ directed by FKA twigs.

Last edited by a moderator:
cd lag heute schon im briefkasten lol
starkes album :thumbsup: sind einige nummern drauf mit geilem kontrast zwischen ihrer lieblichen stimme und verspulten störgeräuschen
"fallen alien" und "daybed sind im moment mein favoriten

cd lag heute schon im briefkasten lol
starkes album :thumbsup: sind einige nummern drauf mit geilem kontrast zwischen ihrer lieblichen stimme und verspulten störgeräuschen
"fallen alien" und "daybed sind im moment mein favoriten
:eek: kommt doch erst am 08.11. raus

können n die das ganze album nicht einfach hochladen, jetzt wo es eh schon geleakt ist...

"fallen alien"

lief hier auch gerade. als der chor zum ersten mal einsetzte, standen mir fast die haare zu berge. ich liebe cinematic twigs. überlege auch schon die ganze zeit, an welchen film (vielleicht sogar eine bestimmte szene) mich der track erinnert, komme aber einfach nicht drauf. vielleicht macht's später doch noch klick.

whoa! wie groß ist das denn!? :eek: so sehr ich ihre studiomusik auch mag, glaube ich, dass das so eine ausnahmekünstlerin (literally) ist, die mir live noch mal eine ganze nummer besser gefällt als sowieso schon. extrem sympathisch ist sie obendrein auch noch. einfach toll.

Back
Top Bottom