"Cherish The Architect" Part 1: DJ Premier [beat-remake competition]

Status
Für weitere Antworten geschlossen.

D.Fusion

ist hier aktiv
1st ever beat-remake contest.
i have been thinking a bit about this and decided it's about time to finally do this and see how it turns out:

RULES:

- everybody can join the competition and everybody can vote as well.
- samples and drums will be provided and are to be used exclusively for the beat if not mentioned elsewise*. even if the producer originally added certain elements to the beat or layered the drums with different drums you are only to use what is in the .rar package i provide. exceptions will be listed below under *.
- you will have 1 week to submit your beat to me and and then 1 week for the voting.
- please upload your beat to a free webspace and send me the link through a pm or email (condorado@web.de).
- voting will be divided into 5 categories (plus the extra "freestyle" category) with 10 pts being the highest rating you can give for a category (so max score would result in 50 pts). they are as follows:
1. sampling accuracy
2. drums placement (rhythm)
3. overall drum sound
4. overall timing
5. overall sound/mix
(6. freestyle - separate voting to elect the freestyle champion)
- try to remake the beat as best as you can by taking the instrumental i have included as the template (so recreate the intro/outro, the hooks, song-lengh etc just as it is in the provided instrumental)
- at the end of your remake mp3 you have 30 seconds to freestyle with the sample and drums. you will receive up to 10 pts here too but they will not go into you "beat-remake" score.
- this weeks producer/beat: DJ Premier/Royalty
- link (sample+drums+beat instrumental): http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1ZY5R8NK

* the beat uses a sound element similar to a bell ring at certain points. don't copy it from the beat and used it for the remake but rather go through some sfx libraries or other sound sources and look for something similar as the one used in the beat.

i'm also posting this competition on other boards. lets see how many ppl i can get to participate in this. closing date for submissions is next saturday (march 6th). happy beat-making!

[sorry, dass ich es nicht mehr auf deutsch übersetze :)]

Zuletzt bearbeitet von einem Moderator:
Würde ich gerne mal hören falls du was gemacht hast. Ich hatte mir das File runtergeladen und hab nach dem Hören von Samples und Drums alles ganz schnell wieder gelöscht:D. Viel zu kompliziert und irgendwie fand ichs dann doch n bisschen sinnlos, sicherlich ne gute Übung aber bei meiner "Herangehensweise" hätte ich da eh keine Chance gehabt.

Status
Für weitere Antworten geschlossen.
Zurück
Oben Unten