Der "Slang-Thread"

Im the one from DC, remember??

What the hell is HE? Hustla's English??

Just to clarify, in east coast urban culture, "dubs" always mean 20 inch rims. The word "dub" did come from "double", and it started with weed -- usually most people sold "dime" bags (for $10) and if you wanted more than that you would get two dimes or a "dub" (double a dime), which is for $20. Then after a while "a dub" was known on its own as a 20. And anything that is 20 something can therefore be a dub. Like rims for instance, where 20 inches is a pretty standard size.

22's are usually called "deuce deuces" which came from a 22 caliber pistol, and the phrase evolved into the 22 ounce malt liquor like Colt 45, then started being used for rims when rims got big.

"Chuuuch" is a phrase invented by Don "Magic" Juan, a pimp from Chicago, and Snoop made it popular. Although Im from the Beast Coast so I never heard it used around the way, it means "Amen" or "I agree" or anything like that. Here's an example:

Dyce: Lets go get some 40's, find a couple hos, and run a train on dem bitches!
You: Chuuuch!
;)

"The Trap" is a south term for the hood, because if you live there you are "trapped" and cant get out, unless you hustle hard. So "trapping" or a "trapper" is someone who hustles to reach their goals. And for whoever asked about Luda and hustlin, Hustle literally means to work hard to achieve something, my B-ball coach was always yelling "Hustle Hustle!!" when there was a loose ball or something, so a "Hustla" is someone who just works hard to get their shit straight. Of course if you are working at McDonalds for 5 bucks an hour you are not really hustlin, but if you hang out on the corner all day pushin, and make like a G a week, then you are a hustla, cuz you spending time gettin that paper. Today, a hustla is just about anybody working like crazy to get that money, legal or illegal, although obviously you can make more quickly illegally so its used for pimps, dealers, bookies, and other illegal workers. Capice?

when you are not living at mommy´s inn and got to look how to pay youre bills you´re a hustler... doesn´t matter if you do burgers and fries at McD, push pounds of yay or just **** your secretary in youre office...

yall too kool hahahaha muahahah ahahahahahaha

geht lieber ins kino und schaut euch den langweiligsten 3 stunden film "zodiac" an!

In 2pac's Just like Daddy heißt es 'In tha V-I I seen ya daily' bzw. in Nas' One Love 'but chill, see you on the next v i', was heißt dieses V.I. genau, hat sicherlich vom Kontext was mit visit in einem Knast oder so zu tun wofür steht dann das I

Gute Idee passt leider nicht vom Kontext her: 'In tha V-I I seen ya daily' (an einer bestimmten Datumsangabe hab ich dich jeden Tag gesehen, unlogisch), trotzdem thx

wieso, in tha VI, also vielleicht im juni, dem 6. monat, jeden tag gesehn... ?

passt doch!

Naja hier ein anderes Bsp. von Nas One Love (die story: Nas paraphrisiert einen Brief an einen Kumpel der im Knast sitzt) But chill, see you on the next V-I, das würde ja bedeuten, dass er nur im Juni ihn sehen darf (vorallem würde das ja bedeuten: reg dich ab seh dich nächsten Juni), dasselbe bei Tupac. Außerdem ist die Konstellation von VI und the komisch, demnach müsste es the june heißen. Ich habe vermutet eigentlich, dass das irgendein Aufenthaltsraum in einem Knast bzw. ein Besucherzeitraum (vi - das v für visit) ist. thx für die Antworten Size 13

war auch nur ne vermutung, kanns also auch nicht sicher sagen. vielleicht weiss hier jemand anders genauer bescheid ?

Ihr lagt eigentlich nicht so falsch...

V.i. wird von Knastinsassen als Kurzform für visit verwendet.

Also "I see you on the next v.i." --> I see you on the next visit.

;)

jep und Spammer werden ohne Ver- und Vorwarnung gebannt :mad:

ne nur Spass:D dankeschön!

Weiss jemand was dieses

"Soo woop" (kann falsch geschrieben sein) heisst, welches Lil Wayne in "I'm Blooded" vom Drought 3 Mixtape verwendet?

Auch Cam'ron sagt es im "CUUUURTIIIIIS" Track

"Suu woop, my ayer lights blablbla when I smacked the lighty brothers, dave and mike"

???

Ich vermute es hat was mit Gang-Zugehörigkeit zu tun, vielleicht irgendein Ruf oder Representer-Scheiss, aber weiss es nicht

Back
Top Bottom