Common - B.e.

Mkali Kabisa

ist hier aktiv
Hier schonmal die Tracklist:

Offizieller Release Date : 24 Mai 2005

01. Common - BE [Produced by Kanye West & Jay Dee] (2:40)
02. Common - Corners (w Kanye West & Last Poets) [Produced by Kanye West] (3:53)
03. Common - Go [Produced by Kanye] (3:58)
04. Common - Faithful (w Bilal & John Legend) [Produced by Kanye West] (3:49)
05. Common - Testify [Produced by Kanye West] (2:28)
06. Common - Love Is [Produced by Jay Dee] (4:20)
07. Common - Chi City [Produced by Kanye West] (3:44)
08. Common - The Food (w Kanye West) [Produced by Kanye West] (4:28)
09. Common - Real People [Produced by Kanye West] (2:59)
10. Common - They Say (w Kanye West & John Legend) [Produced by Kanye West] (3:04)
11. Common - It's Your WorldPop's Reprise (w Bilal) [Produced by Jay Dee] (9:00)

BOMBEN album...bis jetzt eindeutig bestes 2005, wenn nicht sogar bestes der letzen paar jahre...

sehr gut produziert, sehr einheitlich aber trotzdem nicht sich selbst wiederholend...kanye übertrifft sich selbst, dilla beim ersten eindruck nicht so stark...aber seine tracks wachsen ja generell mit der zeit ein bisschen...

titel track haut so ziemlich weg...keyboard von gott geschickt :)

insgesamt bis jetzt 4.5/5, obs noch höher werden kann, zeigt sich erst mit der zeit...

aber common sagt ein paar sehr schlaue sachen auf fantastischen beats...
wunderbar atmosphärisches album....

wer hats schon gehört?

hier noch paar kommentare zu den songs von common:

BE Produced By Kanye West

We picked it out as an interlude, but i felt it should be a full song. To me, that's the essence of Common right there-it's musical but soulful. That's what made me choose it and write the way I wrote to it. That captured who I am as an artist and all those elements. We did have the live instrumentation in it, but it was played so you can still feel it as hip hop. I chose that because it was soulful, warm, and a good introduction to what we doing with this music and what we doing with hip hop. First of all, James Poyser came in and played the keys on it. What was good about that was, like, we just finished recording this the other day and to me that day turned out to be where I really saw Kanye as an arranger.

Corners Produced By Kanye West

I felt that beat was raw enough that any n*gga on the street could feel it. But at the same time it sounds like a hip-hop backpack cat can feel it too. I was trying to have different flows to it, because it's kind of slow but it's not. I felt I could go anywhere with it. I felt the tempo and because the way the bass line was it kept it open a little bit for me to go all over the place. That music gave me a good chance to describe black life on the corners, Chicago life, city life, and the Black experience. When I get the beat, i just let the music talk and tell me where i should go with this. I let it be the foundation of what i'm going to write about. This song sounds like ghetto hip-hop.

Go Produced by Kanye West

We came across the artist he sampled from, her musical sound is beautiful. He had that sample but we didn't hook it up that day we listened to it. Me, him and John Mayer went to see Ray, and we came to the studio and we were all excited about music from the movie. He hooked up the sample. He put some drums into it. I was like, "Man, this is so special". [chorus plays] That's John Mayer. He sounds like a sample when he says "Go". John Mayer and Kanye made that song come to life. John Mayer came up with the concept. Kanye was going, "Go, go, go." And John Mayer disagreed like, "Nah," and recorded the chorus a different way. Mayer was talking about going back to a fantasy. The song is about if you could go back to a fantasy in your life without restrictions, something that you fantasize about.

Faithful Produced By Kanye West

I remember with "Faithful" we were in the studio out in L.A. and Kanye had to do some TV show and he came back and he had that beat. I was like, "Oh my God, this is crazy." It was one of those songs that made me wanna cry. I love music that hits that emotion. What I really love is the part of the sample that's like a keyboard. That sound made me feel like it was very soulful. The chorus is saying "Faithful to the end."

Chi City Produced By Kanye West

I just come off where i'm one of the rawest in music. I wasn't trying to overthink it. Once we had that scratch that said, "...and you say Chi City." That music made me feel like MCing. That's what I chose to do on that song. A-Trak and DJ Dummy did the scratches on the hook.

Love Produced By Jay Dee

That was one of the earliest songs i had for the album. I do always talk about love in some shape, form or fashion. This time i chose to talk about it through my experiences with love. You love your homies, sometimes you gotta love people from a distance, some people love money, some people love cars. But I talk about love in different ways and how we can get so engulfed in it. Sometimes it's good to be into it as long as we don't get our feelings hurt. Sometimes you can give yourself so much and lose yourself in love. The way he chopped up Marvin Gaye, like, if you can hear the words the sample is saying , "God is love. Love your mother. Love Your father." I remember specifically it was on a beat cd with 24 beats on it. Jay Dee always got drums.

It's Your World Produced By Jay Dee

Bilal sings this chorus. I wrote the first verse about a dude growing up in Chicago and his father was on dope and he was trying to go away to college. He used to hang out on the corner but he went away to college. But it didn't pan out, and he came back and tried to get a job. He's just trying to find his place in the world. Bilal's singing "It's your world." The second verse is dealing with a prostitute. She's ending doing what she's doing because she's been through alot with her mother and stepfather. It was a real story. I talked to this prostitute. I took real life stories maybe because i'm getting into acting now.

The Food Produced By Kanye West

That was the beginning of the album. Kanye called me up to hang out at the studio, and when I came he was working on somebody else's beat. I came in and he had the beat playing and I was like, "Yo!" He was like, "It's yours." Right there. We did it on Dave Chapelle and everybody was like, "Com, we love that. I hope your whole album sounds like that." I feel real good about "The Food" because people gotta eat. People gotta find ways to survive. And it also describes my feeling as an artist

oh mann ! ich kanns kaum mehr erwarten,soll ja angeblich erst im juni kommen......ich find 11 tracks nach wie vor ein bisserl wenig....und ausserdem wollten doch eminem und dre auch drauf sein......

Habe ein paar Songs auch schon gehoert. Da ich in Chicago (siehe Nickname) bin, gefaellt mir Corners am besten (bis jetzt). Vor allem macht es Spass im Video die ein oder andere Strassenecke wiederzuerkennen..."...Now I roll in a Olds' with windows that don't roll/ Down the roads where cars get broke in and stole/ These are the stories told by Stony & Cottage Grove/
The world is cold - the block is hot as a stove/ On the corners!" Finde den Flow genial. Und da in Mainstream America (z.B. auf BET) z.Z. leider der Crunk Shit regiert, ist der Beat wie eine Erloesung. Bin sehr gespannt auf den Rest.

ein wunderschönes album! musik zum chillen!
danke common und natürlich danke kanye für ein highlight in diesem jahr!

habe das album auch schon und es ist ein klassiker...no ****in fillers!!!...whatchu want mo? common sense.....is the illest....

habs auch schon geloaded. hammer album, kein einziger ausfall. BE und faithful sind die zwei killer trax. aber sind wirklich alle lieder geil. wird auf jeden fall gekauft!

stellt euch mal street´s disciple mit solchen geilen beats vor :eek:
dann wär nas ohne frage der G.O.A.T.

Kanye der typ mit Monotonsten beats ever :rolleyes: zwar kann CoM mehr aber er macht auch nur noch das gleiche also passen die 2 gut zusammen :p

Original geschrieben von QB-Soldier
stellt euch mal street´s disciple mit solchen geilen beats vor :eek:
dann wär nas ohne frage der G.O.A.T.

laber keine scheiße. was ham die beats mit streets disciple zu tun? die sin auf BE und da gehören sie hin und deshalb is BE auch 1000x besser als Streets Disciple. :rolleyes:

zuerst dacht' ich mir "oh mein Gott viiiiel zu viel Kanye" ... aber er überrascht mich echt positiv. Glücklicherweise hat Common ein musikalisches Ohr und es hatten ja auch noch andere wie James Poiser und so ihre Hände im Spiel. Ich vermisse ein wenig Jay Dilla, aber so ist auch gut, kein einziger Ausfall und das Intro ist einer der besten Tracks, der letzten Jahre, die Keys, Common's Flow, es passt einfach alles.
Ansonsten brauch man zu Common als MC ja auch nichts mehr zu sagen, er ist einfach tight und sagt echt sehr kluge Sachen zum Teil.
Aber wie gesagt, etwas mehr Jay Dilla, weniger Kanye und das Album wäre ein Klassiker geworden. Tracks wie "Chi City" hätten doch schon etwas druckvoller und abwechslungsreicher ausfallen können.

Das Album klingt vom 'Sound her wie.....erwartet bei dem Gespann..wobei mich kayne auch etwas überrascht , mit selbigen hab ichs nämlich auch nicht so normalerweise...das Album allerdings ist rundum schön geworden. (10/11 Track -alben haben sowieso aus irgendeinem Grund immer das grösste Potential sehr gut zu sein..warum auch immer :D. )..sehr soulful, sehr warm und in sich geschlossen..irgendwo zwischen dem gereiften Electric circus-common und common sense..und da findet sich auch mein einziger Kritikpunkt...wenn ich ganz ehrlich bin, und auch wenn ich wohl damit auf weiter Flur alleine steh, hätt ich mir wohl gewünscht, das Common den Weg, den er mit Electric Circus eingeschlagen hat, musikalisch auch mit diesem Album etwas weiterverfolgt hätte..nichtsdestotrotz sehr schönes Album

:oops:
"testify" is leider nic´h so krassgeil wie das intro.....aber das vocalsample!!! und der break....
"chi-city" köönte auch von "resurrection" stammen.....und das soll was heissen!des bläser-sample is halt ein bisserl langweilig...
......ich will nich noch bis zum 24 mai warten!ohman!...weiss jemand ob die specialedition auch in deutschland erscheint?

Zurück
Oben Unten