NaS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Original geschrieben von Ladies men
Oh my god
Was hat 'Hate me now'' mit Pop zu tun und ich finde den Track einfach nur dope und gehört zu meinen Favouriten von Nas

die hook ist definiv pop , puff daddy ist pop und ide pelzmäntel im video für mich pop
So isset! Allerdings nehmen sich deine Einlassungen für mich recht paradox aus, scheinst du doch Hate me Now für sein Pop-Approach zu kritisieren und dennoch dafür zu plädieren, dass NAs wieder nen mainstreamigen Hit komponieren sollte.:confused:
Naja, gleichgültig! Ich bin der Ansicht, man müsse Nas eben seiner non-kommerzielleren Orientierung wegen (trifft eigentlich auch nur eingeschränkt zu, wenn ich an "I can" von der Gods SOn denke, von der Stillmatic mal ganz zu schweigen. LEdiglich die Streets Disciple will sich nicht so wirklich dem breiten Markt öffnen.) Lob aussprechen. Ich respektiere Mcs, die, nachdem sie bereits dickes Geld gemacht haben, ihren Status nutzen, um wieder etwas originellere und eigentümlichere Sachen zu machen.

Original geschrieben von ToxicMo

So isset! Allerdings nehmen sich deine Einlassungen für mich recht paradox aus, scheinst du doch Hate me Now für sein Pop-Approach zu kritisieren und dennoch dafür zu plädieren, dass NAs wieder nen mainstreamigen Hit komponieren sollte.:confused: [...]

nas komponiert? naja, der steifen wortwahl zuwider bin ich dennoch ähnlicher meinung :)

NaS is der burner!!also ehrlich mal....er ist real und net so'n MTV PLASTIK GANGSTA !!!!

wenn wir grad beim komponieren sind:

nas hat ja auch einige beats selbst produziert!

one mic oder get down oder suiside bounce....alles hammer beats wie ich finde!

Original geschrieben von Poem

one mic oder get down oder suiside bounce....alles hammer beats wie ich finde!

yop der beat von one mic ist echt genial... is das von Nas selbst ? wusst ich gar nicht....

nas ist der hammer, höre im mom die ganzen älteren alben rauf und runter. die besten sind meiner meinung nach gods son und vor allen dingen i am.

all i need is one mic!!!!

So isset! Allerdings nehmen sich deine Einlassungen für mich recht paradox aus, scheinst du doch Hate me Now für sein Pop-Approach zu kritisieren und dennoch dafür zu plädieren, dass NAs wieder nen mainstreamigen Hit komponieren sollte

hast schon recht hab mich da ein wenig falsch ausgedrückt ich meinte ja nur hate me now war als kommerzieller erfolg nicht so gut wegen puffy und dem luxusvideo ich meinte mehr wieder was if i ruled... so was mainstreammäßiges

Original geschrieben von Bauerbasement
Ich dachte der beat von "one mic" is von premo?!?!

;)

nööy soweit ich weiß kommt von ihm die Drums auf "One Mic" naja who ever did it -einer der Tracks die mich am stärksten fesseln und Gänsehaut bereiten...

Öhm..wo wir grade bei Nas sind, "Just A Moment" feat. Quan- wer is dieser Quan mag seine Style sehr und würde gern mehr hören.

Rapper Nas Is to Join Label Led by Former Rival Jay-Z

Article Tools Sponsored By
By JEFF LEEDS
Published: January 23, 2006

The rap superstars Jay-Z and Nas, who hurled bitter insults at each other in rhyme for years in one of rap's most prominent feuds, have reached a deal that would formalize their much-publicized recent truce and transform the two onetime foes into business partners, according to music industry executives involved in the arrangement.

The long-rumored deal sets the stage for Nas to join the artist roster of Def Jam Recordings, the rap label where Jay-Z became president last year in an unusual executive shuffle. But the two stars' personal cease-fire also evolved into an unconventional treaty of sorts between their competing record labels.

As part of the deal, Nas's longtime record company, Sony Music, and Def Jam will split the profits - or any loss - from his next two albums, the sources said. Def Jam is expected to lay out the cost of producing and marketing the recordings, and to divide the profits after recovering its expenses. The two music companies will jointly plan and oversee the albums' marketing campaigns.

The agreement pays Nas about $3 million, including a recording budget, for each of the first two albums, and provides for two additional albums with Def Jam, the sources said. Sony also retains the right to release a Nas greatest hits album, they added.

Representatives from Def Jam and Sony declined to comment.

As a result of the deal, Nas's next album instantly becomes one of hip-hop's most anticipated recordings of the year. It is expected to include the first significant collaboration between two wordsmiths who long battled each other for the title of New York's best rapper.

The two stars stunned fans in October, when Jay-Z was to headline a radio-sponsored concert at the Continental Airlines Arena in East Rutherford, N.J. He had titled the performance "I Declare War" and billed it as a chance to settle scores. Instead, near the end of the show, Jay-Z, announced, "It's bigger than 'I Declare War.' " Nas, dressed in an Army jacket, appeared onstage, and the crowd roared. The two performed and then embraced, ending their long-standing dispute.

The rapprochement was an unusual moment in modern hip-hop, where the list of "beefs," or quarrels between rivals, is so extensive that the commercial rap field occasionally draws comparisons to professional wrestling. But there is a basic difference: the taunts and insults batted back and forth between rappers have occasionally turned into real-world violence, as when a shootout erupted between the entourage of Lil' Kim and supporters of her rival Foxy Brown in 2001 outside the offices of the hip-hop station Hot 97, WQHT-FM.

Indeed, critics have complained that the industry's top rappers, record labels and radio stations intentionally stoke such tensions and imperil lives for financial gain.

Some observers suggest that the rivalry between Nas and Jay-Z - regarded as veterans in a field where music trends shift overnight - had simply worn itself out.

The drama of a feud "sells when you're young and you're believably in a situation where it can be dangerous," said Sacha Jenkins, editorial director of Mass Appeal, an urban lifestyle magazine based in Brooklyn. "It's just not believable from two grown men. I think they're making a unique and potentially wise business decision."

Music executives at the two companies are betting it will be a lucrative one. Nas had one more album due on his contract with Sony; now the company will have, in essence, half of two Nas albums, while remaining in a position to keep working with the rapper on a variety of other projects, including a possible film. For its part, Def Jam and its corporate parent, Universal Music Group, add a respected artist to their ranks at a time when the label is trying to refresh its roster. (Def Jam also recently negotiated the exit of one of its veteran acts, DMX, who signed a reported three-album deal with Sony.)

Shifts in relationships among artists have driven the two companies to make power- and profit-sharing deals before, as in the case of the rock band Audioslave (created from the ashes of the Sony rap-rock act Rage Against the Machine and the Universal grunge-rock band Soundgarden). The two companies take turns distributing the band's albums.

Als langjähriger Nas-Fan verstehe ich diesen Business-Move nicht. Labert groß rum, dass er sein eigenes Label endlich auf die Beine stellen möchte, vielleicht unter Atlantic und jetzt geht er zu DefJam.

Naja, aber so können wir wenigstens ein paar Nas/Just Blaze tracks hören.

nas ist nur ein ekofresh für amis der nur durchs batteln wieda oben is tää:cool:

Und du bist nur ein Hater. Im übrigen hat Nas ne viel zu große Fan-Base. Der wäre auch ohne Battle Platinum gegangen

Ich finds cool dass Nas zu Def Jam geht !
Da bekommt er die Promotion die er verdient und ein Song mit Jay-Z wird immer wahrscheinlicher !! Außerdem wird dann endlich bald das neue Album erscheinen, weil es eigentlich nur darum ging über welches Label das Album erscheint.

Coole Sache. Das alte Album wird mit höchster wahrscheinlichkeit ganz sicher nicht über Def Jam gehen, aber ganz sicher einige Features drauf von denen.

Nas signed bei Def Jam/ Collabo Track mit Jay-Z draussen

Nun ist es also offiziell. Nach den 'I declare war'- Konzerten wurde schwer im Gerüchtekessel gerührt und unter anderem auch gemunkelt, dass Nas bei Def Jam einen Vertag unterschreiben wird. Die nächsten beiden Alben des Rappers werden nun über das Label released, bei dem Jay-Z CEO ist.

Desweiteren wird Sony ein 'Greatest Hits' Album auf den Markt bringen und das Nas/Premo Kollabo Album wird auch bald erscheinen.

Auf Clinton Sparks neuem Mixtape "Touch The Sky", welches von Kanye West gehostet wird, kann man die beiden Ausnahme MCees schon mal zusammen auf einem Track namens "Twin Towers" hören.

Quelle : www.hiphop.de

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom