FABOLOUS - From Nothing To Something LP / OUT: 27.03.07

kanns kaum erwarten - album muss endlich kommen, die sucht nach fab steigt drastisch! :cool:

THE FADER REVIEW VOM NEUEN ALBUM

F-A-B-O-L-O and Us

We headed over to Sony Studios last night to hear Fabolous present his new album (and first release for the Black Oasis), From Nothin To Somethin. Actually, we just wanted to try and get a flick wearing Fab's enormous winged Rich Yung pendant. Admit it - that's a fly MySpace pic right there! The photo op didn't happen, but we listened to the LP and will give you some fragmented thoughts after the jump.

The party started with a looped reel of Fab's Elektra-era videos accompanied by selected mixtape appearances. Which was awesome. Lil Mo bowling! DJ Clue laughing! It made us think about the era when dude still called himself "Fabolous Sport" and would pop up on mixtapes inbetween JoJo Pellegrino and "POV City Anthem." That trip down memory lane (which, admittedly, kept on going with thoughts about old girlfriends and shitty domestic cars) was a welcome one, but it only hammered home the fact that Fabolous really isn't all that enjoyable to listen to anymore.

(Goddamn, we are BLOGGING right now!)

As a whole, From Nothin To Somethin feels overlong and wildly homogenous. Much like Curtis, Fab has forgotten how to play to his strengths: a genuine gift for wordplay and humor. Remember the punchlines? Remember the winking references to his chipped teeth? Now we have turgid singles with Ne-Yo and truly generic verses - Corporate Rap at it's nadir. Whereas Fab could have easily picked uptempo, 2007 Slick Rick beats that might have inspired him a little (SON! CHAD WES HAS A PHONE NUMBER!), From Nothin... is filled with sorta-Southern sonics that never really go anywhere.

It's not like we were going in with unrealistically high expectations - dude never really had much to say, it's just that he used to do it with style. There were still bright points on the new LP, however. On "Jokes On You," Fab truly holds his own with Pusha T of the Clipse, trading comedian references and some genuinely clever bars. And the Runners-produced "Foggin Up The Windows" is a smash, featuring an unexpectedly slow beat and Fabolous at his most charismatic. There were also a few listed cuts we didn't get a chance to hear - how's Jay gonna come to the listening sesh and not drop the song he's on? - but something tells us the song with Ransom and Frek the Billionaire isn't really going to save the day. It will get us to bust out some recent vintage mixtapes though. CLUEMINATTI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From Nothin To Somethin tracklist:

From Nothin To Somethin Intro (produced by Reefa)
Yup I'm Back (produced by Freebass)
Change Up f Akon (produced by Akon)
Make Me Better f Ne-Yo (produced by Timbaland)
Baby Don't Go f T-Pain (produced by Jermaine Dupri)
Return Of The Hustle (produced by Just Blaze)
Gangsta Don't Play f Junior Reid (produced by Reefa)
Real Playa Like f Lloyd (produced by Polow Da Don)
Let's Make Love f Keyshia Cole (produced by Jermaine Dupri)*
Diamonds f Young Jeezy (produced by Steve Morales)
Brooklyn f Jay Z and Uncle Murder (produced by Versatile)*
I'm The Man f Red Cafe (produced by Reefa)*
Hustla's Posterchild f Cassidy (produced by Neo Da Matrix)*
Joke's On You f Pusha T (produced by Don Cannon)*
What Should I Do f Lil Mo (produced by Amadeus)*
Foggin Up The Windows (produced by the Runners)
This Is Family f Ransom, Frek the Billionaire, Red Cafe, Joe Budden and Paul Cain (produced by Nova)*
First Time f Rhianna (produced by Big Tank)

* these tracks were not played at the listening session

Quelle : http://www.thefader.com/blog/articles/2007/05/09/f-a-b-o-l-o-and-us

THE FADER REVIEW VOM NEUEN ALBUM

F-A-B-O-L-O and Us

We headed over to Sony Studios last night to hear Fabolous present his new album (and first release for the Black Oasis), From Nothin To Somethin. Actually, we just wanted to try and get a flick wearing Fab's enormous winged Rich Yung pendant. Admit it - that's a fly MySpace pic right there! The photo op didn't happen, but we listened to the LP and will give you some fragmented thoughts after the jump.

The party started with a looped reel of Fab's Elektra-era videos accompanied by selected mixtape appearances. Which was awesome. Lil Mo bowling! DJ Clue laughing! It made us think about the era when dude still called himself "Fabolous Sport" and would pop up on mixtapes inbetween JoJo Pellegrino and "POV City Anthem." That trip down memory lane (which, admittedly, kept on going with thoughts about old girlfriends and shitty domestic cars) was a welcome one, but it only hammered home the fact that Fabolous really isn't all that enjoyable to listen to anymore.

(Goddamn, we are BLOGGING right now!)

As a whole, From Nothin To Somethin feels overlong and wildly homogenous. Much like Curtis, Fab has forgotten how to play to his strengths: a genuine gift for wordplay and humor. Remember the punchlines? Remember the winking references to his chipped teeth? Now we have turgid singles with Ne-Yo and truly generic verses - Corporate Rap at it's nadir. Whereas Fab could have easily picked uptempo, 2007 Slick Rick beats that might have inspired him a little (SON! CHAD WES HAS A PHONE NUMBER!), From Nothin... is filled with sorta-Southern sonics that never really go anywhere.

It's not like we were going in with unrealistically high expectations - dude never really had much to say, it's just that he used to do it with style. There were still bright points on the new LP, however. On "Jokes On You," Fab truly holds his own with Pusha T of the Clipse, trading comedian references and some genuinely clever bars. And the Runners-produced "Foggin Up The Windows" is a smash, featuring an unexpectedly slow beat and Fabolous at his most charismatic. There were also a few listed cuts we didn't get a chance to hear - how's Jay gonna come to the listening sesh and not drop the song he's on? - but something tells us the song with Ransom and Frek the Billionaire isn't really going to save the day. It will get us to bust out some recent vintage mixtapes though. CLUEMINATTI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This Is Family f Ransom, Frek the Billionaire, Red Cafe, Joe Budden and Paul Cain (produced by Nova)*

* these tracks were not played at the listening session

Quelle : http://www.thefader.com/blog/articles/2007/05/09/f-a-b-o-l-o-and-us

hört sich noch geiler an die tracklist:eek: und was sie über die listening session berichten,hört sich auch nicht schlecht an :)

http://www.thefader.com/blog/articles/2007/05/09/f-a-b-o-l-o-and-us

irgendwie lächerlich... ganze 2 tracks und das intro sind ohne feature :rolleyes:

irgendwie lächerlich... ganze 2 tracks und das intro sind ohne feature :rolleyes:

word und die features und producer sind danach gerichtet wer grad modern ist.das fabolous nicht der beste ist,ist klar.aber in so einen dreck wird sein flow wohl übel untergehen !!!

word und die features und producer sind danach gerichtet wer grad modern ist.das fabolous nicht der beste ist,ist klar.aber in so einen dreck wird sein flow wohl übel untergehen !!!

haha sag mir einen rapper der seinen flow hat du krüppel:rolleyes: es stimmt das es zuviele features sind,aber dafür killa teile!freu mich auf den polow beat am meisten..

geil mit sovielen features könnts noch gut werden. dann hat fab weniger parts und er beginnt vll nicht zu nerven, yeah. features sind größenteils echt geil

Akon, T-Pain, Lloyd, Uncle Murder, Red Cafe und Ransom sind killa?
hab ich was verpasst?:confused:

nen bisschen .... uncle murder und ransom sind "killa" ... uncle murder sogar im wahrsten sinne des wortes ... red cafe mit abstrichen auch ...

Akon, T-Pain, Lloyd, Uncle Murder, Red Cafe und Ransom sind killa?
hab ich was verpasst?:confused:

ya einiges in deinem timbaland wahn:D nein ist geschmackssache ,mir gefallen die features anderen nicht...aber brooklyn mit jay und uncle murda kann nur hammer werden!:)

Fabolous Ready To Finally Drop Album

Fabolous has waited long enough. His new album From Nothin’ to Somethin’ is ready for a June release and he has already released some singles. With Def Jam finally, seemingly, behind the project, he spoke about how this album feels and how his latest single went from Jay’s hands to his.

"We got to work with a lot of people we felt would make the album better. Production-wise, the lineup is like the Yankees: Timbaland, Akon, Jermaine Dupri, Just Blaze, Polow Da Don, Neo 'The Matrix.' ... We got great features, too. Each person, I could hear them making the song better. Lil' Mo, Cassidy ... we got a very deep, well-rounded album," he told MTV.

While waiting for the album to hit, he’s also done a lot of growing up.

"I been through situations I never been in before in my life…I got shot, been arrested, been in a relationship. I'm past really rapping for my block or my projects. I'm trying to grow. We been working really hard. I took two months and worked in Miami , then I came back to New York and worked another three months."

Ne-yo, who is a guest on the LP, spoke on Fab’s latest single “Make Me Better.”

"Timbaland produced the track," he said. "The way the song came together, it's actually a track that Jay-Z brought to my attention. He said, 'Tim gave me this track, but it sounds more like an R&B track than a hip-hop track. I really think you should do something to it.' So I wrote the hook, did some verses, and Fab heard it. He said, 'You should let me get on that with you.' Then Fab did some verses and I liked some of his stuff more than my stuff, so I was like, 'You should just take the damn song.' The rest is history. The chemistry is so right, it sounds like we were there [in the studio] together."

Fab agrees.

"It's a great record… We get a lot of love across the country everywhere we play it. It leans towards the ladies, but it's a swagger record. The fellas could dig it too. The fellas are picking up lines from it. They telling ladies, 'I'm cool, but you make me a better person.' I'm happy everybody is receiving it well.
"When you make a relationship song, it's relatable…A lot of people have been in the position when you've been the main person or the mistress. Or maybe you had somebody on the side ... at least once in their life. It's just relatable music. Same thing with 'Make Me Better.' You find that person in your life, then the haters, their antennas go up."

Tracklist:

01. From Nothin' To Somethin' Intro (Produced by Reefa)
02. Yup I'm Back (Produced by Freebass)
03. Change Up (Feat. Akon) (Produced by Akon)
04. Make Me Better (Feat. Ne-Yo) (Produced by Timbaland)
05. Baby Don't Go (Feat. T-Pain) (Produced by Jermaine Dupri)
06. Return Of The Hustle (Feat. Swizz Beatz) (Produced by Just Blaze)
07. Gangsta Don't Play (Feat. Junior Reid) (Produced by Reefa)
08. Real Playa Like (Feat. Lloyd) (Produced by Polow Da Don)
09. Let's Make Love (Feat. Keyshia Cole) (Produced by Jermaine Dupri)
10. Diamonds (Feat. Young Jeezy) (Produced by Steve Morales)
11. Brooklyn (Feat. Jay-Z & Uncle Murder) (Produced by Versatile)
12. I'm The Man (Feat. Red Cafe) (Produced by Reefa)
13. Hustla's Posterchild (Feat. Cassidy) (Produced by Neo Da Matrix)
14. Joke's On You (Feat. Pusha T) (Produced by Don Cannon)
15. What Should I Do (Feat. Lil' Mo) (Produced by Amadeus)
16. Foggin' Up The Windows (Produced by The Runners)
17. This Is Family (Feat. Ransom, Freck the Billionaire, Red Cafe, Joe Budden & Paul Cain) (Produced by Nova)
18. First Time (Feat. Rhianna) (Produced by Big Tank)

Expect this album to drop June 12 on Def Jam.

Quelle : www.hiphopdx.com

BOAH nach "Brooklyn (Feat. Jay-Z & Uncle Murder) (Produced by Versatile)" wird wahrscheinlich alles aus sein :eek: :)

der track mit jay-z ist gut geworden,trotzdem glaub ich,dass das ein schuss in den ofen wird.

Zurück
Oben Unten