Anderson. Paak

“It’s almost done,” FreeNats guitarist Jose Rios tells triple j Breakfast. “Next couple of months it should be out… before [June/July]. We’re putting the finishing touches on it right now.”

Given a nudge by the .Paak Man, they also spilled the beans about the album’s packed guestlist; “This will literally be the first [time], we’ve never told anybody about the features.”

Well, here goes: expect collabs with Mac Miller (who crossed paths with .Paak on ‘Dang!’), ‘After The Storm’ singer Kali Uchis, her former link-up Daniel Caesar, and possibly T.I. and Unknown Mortal Orchestra.

If that wasn’t enough vibrant soul-funk-fusion excitement for you, there’s another solo album from the Free Nationals’ drum-punishing frontman in the works too.

Anderson .Paak says his Aftermath Entertainment label big boss, Dr. Dre, "had a heavy role in this new album that’s almost done as well. Just going through the mixing phase. I won’t say any dates but you can definitely expect it this year, sometime."

“It’s dope to be around like legends like that and you can feel the mutual respect. That’s what I always did it for, I wasn’t really thinking about money or fame, I just wanted the respect from the people I look up to musically. It’s amazing.”

Endlich mal wieder was Neues:

Anderson .Paak - Til It's Over (Audio)

We talk to Anderson .Paak about the fame barometer of youth, working with Spike Jonze, having 75,000 unreleased songs, what it's like working with Dr. Dre, Q-Tip, and Busta Rhymes, and changing his name from Breezy Lovejoy, and working on a weed farm.

auch geile homepod werbung

Ein kleines Update zu Twigs' kommendem Zweitalbum (eine Hörprobe aus den Premises Studios, in der sie singt, E-Bass spielt und mit Rick Nowels fachsimpelt, wurde leider wieder gelöscht) und das Making-of des Werbespots, falls du es noch nicht gesehen haben solltest:

http://www.mzee.com/forum/threads/fka-twigs.373217/page-2#post-12818445
http://www.mzee.com/forum/threads/fka-twigs.373217/page-2#post-12929143

Damit ich nicht völlig vom Thema Paak abkomme:

Back
Top Bottom