FKA twigs

Dieses Thema im Forum "(Non Hip Hop) Musik" wurde erstellt von pennypecker, 7. Aug. 2014.

1. Andy Dufresne

Andy Dufresne Kenner

Bekommene Likes:
    neues sehr interessantes interview mit i-d:
    https://i-d.vice.com/en_uk/article/zmjny4/fka-twigs-interview-magdalene-new-album
    neues album soll magdalene heißen, dieses jahr erscheinen und u.a. soll nicolas jaar produziert und future einen part beigesteuert haben.

"Holy Terrain", featuring Future, will undoubtedly receive the most attention. A dark, sexy, witchy trap tune, it’s a new direction for Twigs. After getting hold of Future’s number, she did what any of us would do and casually dropped him a text.

“I wasn’t sure whether he would even know who I am. I was like, ‘Hi, it’s Twigs. Let me know if you wanna talk about music or anything.’ He texted back right away and I was like…” Twigs throws her phone onto the sofa beside her suddenly. “‘Oh my god, he’s just messaged me back!’ He’s such a sweetheart. I sent him the album and I called him up and was like, ‘Listen, Future… this is what my album’s about. It’s a really empowering, sensitive record, with a lot of feminine energy, and this song is probably the most fun track on it, but I still need lyrical content.’ And he said, ‘Okay, I’ve got it’. And his verse is beautiful,” she says. “He’s just talking about his downfalls as a man; how he’s sorry and asking for healing. I love sad Future. I love when he gets emo, when he expresses himself. It’s just so beautiful when he opens up.”

• gefällt mir [+] gefällt mir [+] x 2
  2. Blaugrana

Blaugrana Gold Status Member

Bekommene Likes:

• gefällt mir [+] gefällt mir [+] x 1
  3. Andy Dufresne

Andy Dufresne Kenner

Bekommene Likes:
    cover für magdalene:

[​IMG]

tracklist:
    01 thousand eyes
    02 home with you
    03 sad day
    04 holy terrain [ft. Future]
    05 mary magdalene
    06 fallen alien
    07 mirrored heart
    08 daybed
    09 cellophane

• gefällt mir [+] gefällt mir [+] x 1
  4. WasLosLeguan

WasLosLeguan Altgedient

Bekommene Likes:
  5. Andy Dufresne

Andy Dufresne Kenner

Bekommene Likes:
    auf reddit hat eine angebliche musikjournalistin das album schon mal grob beschrieben. liest sich ganz gut
    I got an early copy of the album (music journalist here) and I’ve only given it one proper listen through. It’s definitely a departure and I think it may be quite divisive on release as it’s probably her weirdest release to date. Holy Terrain is definitely the safest track on the album and seems to act as a solid midway point for the transition between the two halves. That said, I’m still not a massive fan of that track personally.

Magdalene is stripped back in the sense that most of these tracks begin relatively slow or are initially piano-led, however there are some amazing glitch-outs which sound otherworldly and the second half of the album (Mary Magdalene and Fallen Alien) go really hard. The main difference is that the trip-hop elements are essentially gone, she’s playing a lot more with vocal layering and manipulation. She’s also never sounded better vocally. Her voice is incredibly sharp and carries the emotional weight of the album. There’s a lot of choral builds which are really interesting and there’s some really unusual percussive sounds which are borderline uncanny.

Her and Jaar are a dream together, and I’m really happy that her music has hit the same avant garde sensibilities as her aesthetics.

Nicolas Jaar’s Sirens would be the main reference point I’d give it in terms of that hard-soft dynamic, but by no means is it Twigs performing over Jaar tracks. It sounds wholly her own and it’s searingly original.

I’m really interested to see how it’s received.

• gefällt mir [+] gefällt mir [+] x 2
  6. Jaystah

Jaystah Altgedient Supporter

Bekommene Likes:
  7. Fabi✌

Fabi✌ Kenner Supporter

Bekommene Likes:
    MAGDALENE wurde auf den 8. November verschoben. Video zu „Home with me“ directed by FKA twigs.

Zuletzt bearbeitet: 7. Okt. 2019

Diese Seite empfehlen

1. Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Wenn du dich weiterhin auf dieser Seite aufhältst, akzeptierst du unseren Einsatz von Cookies.