Jessie Ware

Hier noch ein kleiner Nachtrag aus der Vorweihnachtszeit mit Infos zu JW4:
Hi there,

As we lead up to Christmas, I write this from inside a mosquito net in India, with jungle formula and a huge bump.

2018 was an interesting and eye opening one for me. I discovered that making a podcast revolving around food is extremely fun and going into business with your mother.... well, that’s another thing!

I’ve travelled all around playing Glasshouse for you. It feels like a bit of a distant memory those first Islington gigs back in September 2017. And I’ve learnt a lot!

If I had a pound for every person who tweets me (albeit kindly) reminding me I am loved and to not give up on music because I’m having another baby, I’d be a rich woman I tell you!

Although there is something far less stressful and emotional about making a podcast, or flirting with the idea of staying in India and becoming a yoga teacher, I love music and it’s my first love. As long as you want me, I will do it.

In fact, in January James Ford and I will be producing half the new record before I pop baby number 2 out. I wonder if it will sound different to when I go and finish the album in the late summer. Basically, I have you all in my ear AND I have a fantastic record nearly written for you. So don’t worry I’m not going anywhere (apart from a load of baby sensory and Hackney’s finest rhyme times, looking sleep deprived and mad).

I’m so grateful I got to play to so many of you and I got to do such exciting things in 2018, from touring my biggest shows to date to becoming a R1 DJ and a new voice in podcasting, but I have a feeling 2019 will be even brighter.

Whilst you may have to wait for all the music, fear not, I have surprises in store and Table Manners will be carrying on so you can still hear my annoying voice in your ears.

Have a wonderful Christmas. And try to relax....turn your phone off. That’s what I’m about to do.

Love Jessie xxxx

Den Namen James Ford lese ich mit Wohlwollen. Der Mann ist ein Analog-Bruder der alten Schule, hat mit "Cruel" einen meiner Lieblingssongs von Jessie UND mit "If I Could Change Your Mind" meinen absoluten Lieblingssong von HAIM, der für mich obendrein auch zu den besten Pop-Rock-Songs der letzten fünf Jahre zählt, produziert. Damit könnte er – rein theoretisch – würdevoll in den Ruhestand treten.

Jetzt fehlt, damit sich der Kreis schließen kann, nur noch eine von ihm produzierte Kollabo zwischen Jessie und den Schwestern. Dass die vier sich lieben und schätzen, weiß man ja nicht erst seit gestern. Also: macht es, Mädels!

Cv4N37TWYAAVG6r.jpg

Oh je! :emoji_confounded: Wie schlecht ist das denn!? Damit knüpft Joseph Mount (Metronomy) nahtlos an die über weite Strecken uninspirierten (Papierkorb-)Produktionen, die er für das letzte Robyn-Album abgeliefert hat, an. Das hier klingt leider genauso billig. Das ist doch nicht mal B-, sondern allenfalls C-Ware für Sängerinnen der C-Liga – ein absoluter Diskografie-Tiefpunkt. Wäre ich eine Frau und mit nur halb so viel Gesangstalent gesegnet wie Jessie (die übrigens keine klassische Gesangsausbildung genossen hat), könnte mich nichts in der Welt dazu bewegen, meine Stimme hierfür herzugeben. Sie ist so viel besser als das...

Der oben genannte James Ford war hier übrigens auch involviert. Leider nur am Mischpult.

Back
Top Bottom