Nintendo [Gaming, Info]

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hat ein Kumpel von mir und ist viel geiler als der überteuerte Scheiß.

An alle Schweizer: Super Nintendo Classic Mini ist jetzt bei digitec bestellbar.

Nein, war nie verfügbar. Man findet es auch nicht, wenn man auf Amazon sucht. Ich habs über Google gefunden. Ich denke, das ist, wie oben bereits erwähnt, ein Platzhalter. Es steht ja auch für die Switch. Habe trotzdem die e-Mail Notification aktiviert.

Wegen SNES Mini: hab sie jetzt bei digitec und citydisc bestellt. Ich hoffe, ich habe Glück und krieg eine. Die NES Mini hat mir ein Kumpel geschenkt, der sie irgendwo überteuert gekauft hat und Monate darauf gewartet hat.

Vice Interview-Teil mit Reggie zu AM2R. Cool wie der Interviewer nachbohrt, aber...wie der Reggie einfach keine klare Antwort gibt und nicht darauf eingeht, dass mit AM2R nie Geld gemacht wurde. Richtiger PR-Futzi. Sag doch einfach, dass Nintendo selbst ein Remake in der Mache hatte. Was ist das Problem?
AM2R hat auch nicht gesteuert, wo die Geschichte hingeht. Es ist ja ein Remake von Metroid 2 auf dem Gameboy. Viel geredet, nichts gesagt.

So, one of the non-Switch titles that was here at E3 was Metroid: Samus Returns, a new remake of Metroid 2 coming to the 3DS. One of the responses I've seen to this is: Wow, this is exciting, but lots of people just played a fan-remake of Metroid 2 last year called AM2R.

So, look, I want to be an adult about this stuff. I've worked in the IP industry before, I understand why Nintendo has to be aggressive in defending its copyrights, I understand why it has to be aggressive in defending its trademarks. But, some people see an opportunity here to work with the fan community and to figure that out.

You're Nintendo, you're one of the biggest games companies in the world, you have been the face of video games for a long time. We live in an age where people are increasingly blurring the line between fandom and actual creation—finding ways to work directly with fans. So my question is theirs, which is, why wasn't there a chance there—or even, has there been a chance—to speak to that, to try to work with a fan creator like AM2R's Milton Guasti or other fan creators?

So, I think there needs to be clarity in what the line is, and, in our view, the line is when an initiative crosses from being an homage to something that is monetizing our IP. We allow homages to exist in a variety of different ways. And, for me personally, as a fan before I was an executive, I understand the attraction that you could have to our IP. But, when it transitions to something that... now, you're trying to monetize, you're trying to sell, you're trying to profit off of, that is what broaches or breaks through that line for us, where we have to claim our IP protection.

How are you talking about monetization here, because with AM2R, that was a game that anyone could download for free, and again I think, for fans, there was this notion of, "go talk to that person," or "go talk to other fan creators" and see if there's a way to not kill that project, to investigate the ideas that happening there that are exciting, who knows.

But again, to differentiate this, we have had conversations with entities that started as fans and became more of a business partner. Those conversations happen all the time, but again, when something transitions to a commercial product, and that's what [AM2R] was—there wasn't a charge, but it was now a commercial product.

I guess I need... what's the definition of "commercial product" for Nintendo?

Well, again, it's all about... How do we protect our intellectual property? How do our creators, like Mr. Sakamoto, who created Metroid, and Nintendo control that intellectual property so that we can drive where it's going, versus someone else driving where it's going.

That's where the line is very clear for us. And again, we could go on to YouTube and a variety of different places and see fans doing interesting things with our IP. But when it turns to driving the direction of the IP, or somehow monetizing or becoming a commercial project, that's where for us, the line has been crossed.

Wenn ich es hinkriege, bestelle ich mir 2-3 Snes mini als Wertanlage. Hoffentlich kommt bald Virtual Console für die Switch...

Auf den SNES Mini hab ich gewartet seit der NES Mini angekündigt wurde. Für mich 1000x spannender. Kapiere nur nicht wieso Nintendo so mit der Auflage geizt. Die sollen mal mit der Produktion richtig in die offensive gehen.

War doch recht easy, wenn man aweng aufgepasst hat, und sind ja noch Monate mit sicher stendigen Restocks, glaub au ned dass des mit Wertanlage hinhaut.

7a0e7a-1498660593.jpg

Vice Interview-Teil mit Reggie zu AM2R. Cool wie der Interviewer nachbohrt, aber...wie der Reggie einfach keine klare Antwort gibt und nicht darauf eingeht, dass mit AM2R nie Geld gemacht wurde. Richtiger PR-Futzi. Sag doch einfach, dass Nintendo selbst ein Remake in der Mache hatte. Was ist das Problem?
AM2R hat auch nicht gesteuert, wo die Geschichte hingeht. Es ist ja ein Remake von Metroid 2 auf dem Gameboy. Viel geredet, nichts gesagt.

So, one of the non-Switch titles that was here at E3 was Metroid: Samus Returns, a new remake of Metroid 2 coming to the 3DS. One of the responses I've seen to this is: Wow, this is exciting, but lots of people just played a fan-remake of Metroid 2 last year called AM2R.

So, look, I want to be an adult about this stuff. I've worked in the IP industry before, I understand why Nintendo has to be aggressive in defending its copyrights, I understand why it has to be aggressive in defending its trademarks. But, some people see an opportunity here to work with the fan community and to figure that out.

You're Nintendo, you're one of the biggest games companies in the world, you have been the face of video games for a long time. We live in an age where people are increasingly blurring the line between fandom and actual creation—finding ways to work directly with fans. So my question is theirs, which is, why wasn't there a chance there—or even, has there been a chance—to speak to that, to try to work with a fan creator like AM2R's Milton Guasti or other fan creators?

So, I think there needs to be clarity in what the line is, and, in our view, the line is when an initiative crosses from being an homage to something that is monetizing our IP. We allow homages to exist in a variety of different ways. And, for me personally, as a fan before I was an executive, I understand the attraction that you could have to our IP. But, when it transitions to something that... now, you're trying to monetize, you're trying to sell, you're trying to profit off of, that is what broaches or breaks through that line for us, where we have to claim our IP protection.

How are you talking about monetization here, because with AM2R, that was a game that anyone could download for free, and again I think, for fans, there was this notion of, "go talk to that person," or "go talk to other fan creators" and see if there's a way to not kill that project, to investigate the ideas that happening there that are exciting, who knows.

But again, to differentiate this, we have had conversations with entities that started as fans and became more of a business partner. Those conversations happen all the time, but again, when something transitions to a commercial product, and that's what [AM2R] was—there wasn't a charge, but it was now a commercial product.

I guess I need... what's the definition of "commercial product" for Nintendo?

Well, again, it's all about... How do we protect our intellectual property? How do our creators, like Mr. Sakamoto, who created Metroid, and Nintendo control that intellectual property so that we can drive where it's going, versus someone else driving where it's going.

That's where the line is very clear for us. And again, we could go on to YouTube and a variety of different places and see fans doing interesting things with our IP. But when it turns to driving the direction of the IP, or somehow monetizing or becoming a commercial project, that's where for us, the line has been crossed.

metroid ist eins der grössten IPs
als würden die ihr remake irgendwie schaden wollen weil komplette nerds wie du einfach durch ihren nerdrage fanremakes spielen wollen

fakt ist, nintendo hat davon nix, die verlieren dadurch eher geld. stell dir mal vor wenn mehr leute irgendein fan remake zocken (umsonst) als ihr eigenes game, das bei den 60 mio 3ds besitzern sicher mehr gewinn einbringt als irgendein far cry 3 oder sonstwas. die würden natürlich nicht jeden käufer verlieren, aber sicher einige

bei den ganzen pokemon fakes genau das slebe, nintendo würde nur geld verlieren wenn sie das nicht stoppen. die bringen doch jährlich eigene teile

Zurück
Oben Unten