NaS

Ich hör fast jeden Tag mindestens einen Track von Illmatic.

Ich bin nach knapp 10 Jahren die ich Hip Hop höre soweit zu sagen das illmatic das beste Album ist was es gibt.:cool:

Neben Bushido von der Skyline zum Birdstein zurück.:D

ja geht mir genauso mit Illmatic, wird einfach niemals langweilig zu hören :D

aber es ist schon unterhaltsam wie er im Leben immer wieder versagt.

Wo versagt Nas denn im Leben? Der Kerl ist Multi-Millionär und einer der respektiertesten Rapper aller Zeiten (und einer der wenigen Top-Emcees, die sich noch Mühe geben, zumindest halbwegs anspruchsvollen Shit zu droppen). Der Rest ist Kaffeeklatsch-Gossip, den man lieber Frauen überlassen sollte.

Nas recently spoke on his upcoming Distant Relatives collaboration album with Damian Marley and explained why he expects this project to have a greater impact than 2008's controversial Untitled.

Aside from discussing what future plans with Marley, Nas also said he was planning a film to go with the duo's upcoming album.

"The next thing for us is the tour with me and Damian," Nas revealed in an interview. "And probably a film we're working on based on the project and we plan to make a lot -- if we can help anybody in Africa, Kingston or Queens, or London, or wherever, if we can help anybody with this record, not with just hearing it but monetarily, we don't like to just get caught up in all of that charity bullsh*t that everybody, sometimes it gets a little weird with that, you know. If we can help anybody with this thing then mission accomplished because that's what it's about. Distant Relatives, you, me, that's what it's about. And I think the title alone just says, it opens up a whole different conversation about what this is all about, distant relatives, family everywhere. I wanted to be more impactful than my last album, my Untitled album, because it was just certain things on that, I didn't really get a chance to pull it off a hundred percent. There was a lot of pressure on that record. I do what I do and however it comes out, I'm happy, I'm thankful. I think this one will be a great turn-out as well." (Semtex TV)

Nas recently spoke on the progress of Distant Relatives and the feedback he's received from fans on the Rock The Bells 2009 tour.

Nas estimates it's about 90 percent done, Marley guesses a more conservative 75 percent, with songwriting contributions by Marley's brother Stephen and a guest feature by rapper K'Naan. "I just think it was me and Damian finding our way," Nas said about the project. "When you have two different artists working on a record when they're used to doing their own thing their own way, it's not as easy as people may think. We just flowed, and the next thing we looked up and there were so many songs done or so many songs started and worked on...we just decided to keep it going. It's not reggae. It's not rap. It's different sh*t for each of us...I know people are kind of like, 'What's happening? What's Nas doing? What's Damian doing? Is this really happening?' ... So just being out here on the road we get a good feel from people about this whole thing." (Billboard)

Nas recently said the album was originally going to be released as an EP.

"I liked his music and what he does," Nas explained in an interview last month. "The feeling was mutual. So we started working on it and thought it might as well be an album. Hopefully [it'll be released in] the fall. We have a few more things to tweak. Reggae is one of the roots of hip-hop. Hip-hop music has helped reggae in its transition periods. Together we kind of wanted to give people that. To find the roots of reggae and hip-hop. Of course, Africa is the main theme that made us put this album together. (World Herald)

Quelle

Ich freu mich so dermaßen :)

Nas & Damian Marley - Distant Relatives Tracklist:

01 Intro (Something New) (prod. Damian Marley)
02 As We Enter (prod. Damian Marley)
03 Revolutionary (prod. Damian Marley)
04 Count Your Blessings (prod. Damian & Stephen Marley)
05 Belief is Key (prod. Damian Marley)
06 Africa Must Wake Up f. K’naan (prod. Nas, Damian & Stephen Marley)
07 Black Horizon f. K’naan (prod. Damian Marley)
08 Only the Strong (prod. Damian & Stephen Marley)
09 Our Generation f. Joss Stone & Stevie Wonder (prod. Damian Marley)
10 Empowerment (prod. Stephen Marley)
11 AID (prod. K’naan & Nas)
12 Let’s End It (Poverty) f. K’naan (prod. 9th Wonder & Damian Marley)
13 The Earth f. Bob Marley (prod. Salaam Remix, Damian & Stephen Marley)
14 Black Man’s Paper f. Erykah Badu (prod. Afry) [UK Bonus]
15 Weed On f. Snoop Dogg (prod. Damian Marley) [iTunes Bonus]

die Tracklist liest sich verdammt gut.. aber wie kann man einen Song mit Erykah Badu als Bonus drauftun, damn

Habe ich mich auch gerade gefragt. Wird bestimmt hammer und vorallem ein feat. mit Stevie Wonder ist auch nicht zu verachten.

die Tracklist liest sich verdammt gut.. aber wie kann man einen Song mit Erykah Badu als Bonus drauftun, damn

wenn man nicht gay-z heisst kann man sowas schon machen. gayz hätte warscheinlich auch noch n video dazu gemacht aber andererseits ist ich hab immer die beschissenste frisur aller zeiten und ne riesengrosse stirn rihanna angesagter.

obwohl ich gayzs 99problems hitlerweile extrem stylish finde

Gibts schon irgendelche Infos wann Distant Relatives erscheinen soll? Gibt momentan echt nix auf das ich mehr gespannt bin.

Zurück
Oben Unten